Art House is a curated space that presents a variety of projects that straddle the line between art and design. The exhibition is held annually in Lapidarium, a part of the National Museum in Prague, Czech Republic.
Lapidarium is a part of the National Museum in Prague, Czech Republic. It was opened in 1905. It has been located in a summer palace on the exhibition area Výstaviště in Prague 7 - Holešovice. It houses valuable stone sculptures dating from the 11th to the 20th century. The museum has a collection of around 2000 artefacts, 420 of which are on permanent display in eight halls of approximative area of 1500 square meters. (Wikipedia)
Opposite to Týn School there used to be a fountain built in 1591 from the red marble quarried in Slivenec (nowadays part of 5th Prague district) at the expense of Mayor of Old Town Václav Krocin from Drahobejle; it was the largest and richest fountain ever built in the Czech lands. It is considered to be the work of stonemason Jindřich Beránek. A thirteen-side Maneerism fountain was richely adorned with relieves, masks, cartouches, fruit garlands and wreaths. In the centre of the fountain was a pillar with allegoric figures of elements bearing a water basin with relieves of mermaids and gargoyles. According to a legend the fountain cost by only one penny less than the Charles Bridge. The water was supplied from the Old Town water line, but as early as in 1614 the water supply became very weak and in 18th century the fountain dried out completely. In 1862 the fountain was disassembled in a very dilettante manner and its fragments were set in the foundations of Žižkov gashouse. Eventually after the gashouse was closed down the fragments were removed and placed in the Stone collection (part of National Museum). Together with Marian Column Krocin Fountain belongs to the missing dominants of the Old Town Square. (kralovskacesta.cz)